Memory raid

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I’m feeling sad or rather melancholic at the moment. We just received a parcel from back home, filled with books and music (and a DVD for martin). I usually order something from “home” every couple of months. Initially, when we started living in Canada, I ordered magazines to try and keep up to date, but as the years went by the faces and names in the magazines became less and less recognizable. I still order books from South African writers, but it gets harder to find out about new and exciting reads. One of the CD’s I received contained a DVD of the band playing against the background of the nightscape of Pretoria, the city where I went to university, and lived and worked for a while. Lots of memories tied to that landscape. And the words, of course, touched me too. In case anybody cares, the group is called “Klopjag”, meaning raid (as in police raid), and the CD is called 09. I’m sure you can get a glimpse of it on YouTube…

0 comments: to “ Memory raid so far...